Pittsburg State University
College of Education
Department of Teaching and Leadership
POSITION TITLE: Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Special Education
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Earned doctorate in special education or education with special education emphasis (official transcript must show completed degree by August 1, 2019).
- Three or more years successful PreK-12 teaching in an accredited school in the United States or equivalent work with adults with disabilities in the United States
- Experience with individuals with High Incidence and Low Incidence learning needs
- Ability to integrate educational technology into coursework (courses will be taught online)
- Ability to work collegially within the department and university
- Ability to teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in special education.
- Ability to conduct research in the field
- College level teaching experience including online, face-to-face, and hybrid teaching.
- Meet qualifications for license with special education endorsement in Kansas
- Evidence of scholarly and creative achievement
- Successful PreK-12 Special Education teaching in the United States
RESPONSIBILITIES: The position includes, but is not necessarily limited to, teaching graduate and undergraduate special education courses and other undergraduate and/or graduate courses, as needed by the department; advisement of graduate and undergraduate students; engaging in research/creative activity; and serving on university, college, and departmental committees. Courses may be delivered through a variety of methods including online, hybrid, and face-to-face.
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Full-time, tenure-track, nine academic months and possible summer appointment. The successful candidate will be officed on campus. This is not a distance, online position.
RANK AND SALARY: The position is tenure-earning at the rank of Assistant Professor. Salary is commensurate to rank, experience, and qualifications. Position is contingent upon funding.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position is open until filled.
STARTING DATE: August 2019
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: For a full description and to apply online visit https://www.pittstate.edu/hr/jobs/index.html. Electronic submission only. Interested and qualified applicants should upload letter of application discussing qualifications, current vita, and three references with names and contact information. Position is open until filled.
Pittsburg State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. A criminal background check will be required for employment.