The Department of Educational Leadership mission is to prepare candidates for leadership in the field of education, by facilitating a rigorous program of study that emphasizes quantitative and qualitative reasoning, critical thinking, social justice, and emotional intelligence. The department graduate programs, the Master of School Administration (MSA) and the Doctor of Educational Leadership (EDD) prepare candidates to serve in the Southeastern region of North Carolina and beyond to become exemplary visionary leaders.
As a new member of the Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate (CPED), the faculty is committed to becoming actively engaged in rethinking and redesigning the professional doctorate in education by setting high academic expectations, with a focus on social justice and academic excellence for a better world locally and globally.
The MSA and EDD programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (formerly NCATE) and authorized by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction to offer school administration and superintendent licensees.
The Department of Educational Leadership is seeking a full-time tenure track Assistant/Associate Professor to begin employment August 2019.
- develop and teach graduate courses in PK-12 leadership; advise PK-12 doctoral students;
- chair and serve on dissertation committees in PK-12 leadership; engage in research and scholarship;
- participate in school and department activities; and provide service and outreach for the department of Educational Leadership Program, for the College of Education, for the university, and to the profession.
Description of Work Continued:
The Department of Educational Leadership is seeking applicants at the Assistant/Associate Professor rank who demonstrate experience and research interest in the preparation of Social Justice Leaders in PK-12 settings.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- An earned Doctorate in Educational Leadership or its equivalent;
- a minimum of three years of experience as an assistant principal, principal, or other leadership roles in PK-12 settings, or any three years combination thereof;
- demonstrated ability or potential for an active program of scholarly research; experience serving and or potential to chair dissertations;
- demonstrated ability or potential for excellence in graduate instruction (including face-to-face, Hybrid, weekends, and online contexts);
- excellent communication skills.
- Experience or potential to advise and mentor graduate students through the dissertation process;
- Technological competencies necessary to create and teach innovative online courses;
- Record of or potential for scholarly engagement in the following areas: leadership preparation, mentoring, and/or the principalship;
- Knowledge of one or more research methods in the following: qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods;
- Turn Around Leadership experience in PK-12 settings;
- Administrative experience in PK-12 at the Assistant Principal, Principal or Central Office, (Preferable Principalship experience);
- Record of publication in journals, edited volumes, or books; and a
- Research agenda that focuses on social justice issues in educational leadership.
Additional Information for ApplicantsAll new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.
EEO Statement:This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Veteran’s StatementFayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.
Apply online at: https://jobs.uncfsu.edu/postings/17834