The School of Education at the State University of New York at Old Westbury invites applications for a full-time appointment at the rank of Visiting Assistant Professor/Instructor in Childhood Education and Literacy beginning Spring 2020. Responsibilities include: teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in Childhood Education and Literacy; supervising clinical practice in school settings; and advising students in the General Education program, Childhood Education concentrations, as well as in the graduate program.
This position works collaboratively with local school districts and professional organizations. Candidate must demonstrate a commitment to teaching, scholarship, and service that aligns with the strong social justice mission of the institution. Professional responsibilities shall encompass teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels, advising and mentoring students, maintaining an active research agenda, grant writing, as well as serving on school and college committees.
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Literacy/Reading or related field required for rank of Assistant Professor. ABD in Literacy/Reading or related field with the expectation of a timely completed doctorate required for the rank of Instructor.
- Experience in childhood education and college level training, as well as a strong background in the teaching of reading and language arts or expertise in the field, is required.
- Certification in childhood/elementary education or reading/literacy or expertise in the field is required.
- Experience teaching in a multicultural environment preferred.
Please submit the following online at https://oldwestbury.interviewexchange.com:
- cover letter
- teaching philosophy
- description of research interest
- contact information (name, email address and telephone number) for three (3) references
- a fully completed Old Westbury employment application (available during the online application process)
Submit three (3) letters of recommendation (signed by the author, on letterhead) emailed to COLELLAL@oldwestbury.edu
Only applications submitted online will be considered.